Blog News

After a Three Month Suspension John Hardie Is Back

It’s been a while since we last saw John Hardie. The Scotland flanker got a three-month suspension for alleged use of cocaine in October last year. The three-month ban is now over, and John got back to Edinburgh training in January this year.

The 29-year-old rugby player made his first appearance on January 19, 2018, when he played a game for Hawick. John didn’t play for long, as he got injured thirteen minutes into the match. This was not exactly what the New Zealand player expected. Hardie had plans for getting back on track and prove that he’s in excellent form. The accidental clash of heads that resulted in Hardie’s injury spoilt his plans.

Despite John’s short playing return, the Scottish head coach, Gregor Townsend decided to add Hardie to his squad for the NatWest 6 Nations Championship.

The Scotland assistant coach, Mike Blair was happy about Hardie’s return to Scotland fold. “He’s had his time off,” he said. Furthermore, Blair believes that Hardie can now focus on what’s really important – rugby.

The big game between Scotland and Ireland is this Saturday – March 10, 2018. Even though Hardie was recalled by Scotland, he won’t be playing. Many UK betting sites favour Ireland as the match winner, but we will just have to wait and see the results this Saturday.

The important thing is that John Hardie is back. More importantly, the international rugby star took responsibility for his behaviour. According to an Edinburgh spokesperson, John “has acknowledged the serious mistake he has made as a professional athlete.”

In one of the statements Hardie said: “Through my actions, I feel I have let my club, my team-mates, and the fans down. I want to acknowledge the support I have had from Edinburgh Rugby and Scottish Rugby in dealing with the issue.”

It’s great to have you back, John!

Leave a Comment